OCT4

December 30, 2012

[SPECIAL]: Christmas Dinner @ Shoya Nouvelle Wafu Cuisine

lol! My make-shift mini Xmas tree :D

How did you guys spend Christmas Day this year? I spent the whole entire afternoon actually just sleeping in. LOL! Most shops were closed anyway and I felt like I've been working constantly, too many hours standing and serving customers and so decided, it would be the best day to just sleep in. 

Slept for the whole afternoon, only waking up just to fill my tummy, and then back to sleep again. Really felt sooo refreshed and rejuvenated. Sleep is my best friend!!!

Well, anyways. I didn't have much planned for Christmas, nothing big and fancy. But I did however wanted to go somewhere where I could dress up! Even if it was a last minute plan, I still insisted on dressing up!

It's not everyday that you get to really dress up without people thinking, where the hell is she going? hahaha

So, momsy, Amy and I, headed out to Shoya Nouvelle Wafu Cuisine on Market Lane for our Christmas Dinner :D I know I know, it's not the typical western restaurant where you know you're supposed to be enjoying turkey and shit, but heck, every single bladdy restaurant that I called up was either closed or fully booked out! so, Japanese food it was :D

*Or also just known simply as Shoya*
25 Market Lane, Melbourne.
(03) 9650 0848

The venue wasn't really christmassy, but the laneways and chinatown looked really festive, so I guess it compensates for everything. 


Amyyyy *lovess*




We ordered their set dinner package. I think we ordered the $120pp pack. It's pretty worth it cuz you get like a TONNE of food. You even get Wagyu Beef, Sashimi, Ox Tongue, Trout, Crab Tempura. I took picture of all the food you'd get in the set.

So... FEAST YOUR EYES :D


ENTREE: I didn't like this at all to be honest. It was sooo mushy and fishy..
I don't even remember what this was made out of. hahaha

Group Shot :D

Pictured with me was the 2nd dish of the set. It was an assortment of vegetables
with a wafer-filled with seasoned raw beef. I LOVED THE WAFER!!!

Gorgeous Momsy :D

3RD DISH: THE HATCHING EGG
haha trust me. That's what it's called officially. The way they served was really cute. It was
like the eggs were all in this rectangle wooden box that looked like an incubator and then out pop
these eggs which they serve it to us. I wished I took a picture of the box though. It was really cute.
This is delicious!!!

4TH DISH: SASHIMI!!!
The ice bowl that you see here is totally HANDMADE!! I don't even know how that's possible
but the lady said it's handmade, so I'd just take it that they have their own special skiill. And it 
just makes it all the more special :)


5TH DISH: OX TONGUE WRAPPED IN SPINACH PUREE
THIS WAS DIVINE!!!! Like superrrr deliciouss!!! You know how most ox tongues are really chewy 
in texture? This was sooo tender I don't even know how they did it. 
SOOOO FRIGGIN TENDER AND JUICY AND DELICIOUS!!!!

Momsy and Me :) 

6TH DISH: CRAB TEMPURA
Friggin hell loved that green tea salt combination pictured in the picture. I think it's green tea. I 
couldn't really taste it, but it's green so it must be green tea yes? lol! This is without saying, super
delicious too... I couldn't care to pose for the photo. haha! Momsy wanted to take like a picture
to show how big and long the crab actually was, but I couldn't wait to eat..
hence
.
.
.


hahaha my less than amused face.. lol!


7TH DISH: SMOKED TROUT

Presentation-wise, this was absolutely beautiful! Taste, well it was delicious but mine was a tad bit
undercooked and was super fishyyy... But they brought it back and cooked up a new piece for me :D
Exceptional service!! 

8TH DISH: WAGYU BEEF STEAK
Nothing to say but absolutely deliciousssssss!!!


9TH DISH: FRIED RICE IN MISO SOUP

10TH DISH: DESSERTS
This was pretty non-japanese like but the desserts were good. The creme brulee-looking thing wasn't
really creme brulee. haha I forgot what it was but it was delicious and really sweet! Like the nice kind
of sweetness, not those overly sick sweet taste. I loved it the most! 


[OUTFIT] 
I was looking down, but it seemed like I closed my eyes =.=

Lace Dress from Forever New
Double Headed Tiger Belt from TopShop
Collar Necklace from Diva
Coach Bracelet, YSL Arty Ring



Dinner was really fantastic and I really enjoyed my night with the company of Amy and Momsy! We were talking about so many things, including our childhood stories. haha!

Amy and I have practically known each other since 3YEARS OLD!!! Thats like friggin 19 years of our lives! hahaha..

We weren't always that close to each other though, sadly enough :( But I'm glad we got close during high school! haha. Love her to bits and she's one awesome lady!

Now onto more selcas of myself, just cause I took tonnes of it. lol!



Tried a really festive-colored eye look that night. With GOLD and YELLOW undertones and just the usual eyeliner :) Does it look festive?




Well, it's already NEW YEAR'S EVE!
I hope you guys would be enjoying it and have everything planned out. I will be working the whole day tomorrow with an extra shift at Hilton tomorrow, to help out for their NYE specials.. Oh well, at least I'd still be able to catch the fireworks tomorrow from work :D 

As much as I loved 2012, I am very much looking forward to 2013! 

Looking forward to a brand new beginning with many more exciting things to befall upon me. I just know it :D 

So here's wishing everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR! And THANK YOU for being with me throughout this journey and still being here. 

To my old readers, I THANK YOU! and to my new readers, I WELCOME YOU :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
SHARE THE LOVE AND LET YOUR LOVED ONES KNOW!
CHERISH EVERY MOMENT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

GOODNIGHT BEAUTIFULS :)