OCT4

November 6, 2014

[TRAVEL] Short Trip to Kuala Lumpur


It's been a while since I've updated my blog with things happening around me. I actually received a comment from a reader that I had made her lost interest in my blog because everything on it was just pure advertisement or advertorials, and even if I want to deny it, I can't :( So unfortunately, yes, I do admit that I had lost myself amongst the adverts and also my lack of motivation to blog. I do apologize sincerely, and thank everyone that still reads this super boring blog. Even my mom says she doesn't read my blog anymore *shockerrr* like, if even my mom doesn't read, then that's a serious problem! LOL! 

So yes, here's me hoping to get back my blogging spirit, is a quick update on my most recent travel. I made the short trip up north to Kuala Lumpur to visit my Melbourne-familia :D And it was such an awesome timing because it was HALLOWEEEEN! Headed up from the 31st Oct - 3rd Nov. It was a short but very fulfilling trip. 

I know that I actually filmed a rather successfully-frightening halloween look but I didn't actually end up going full-on dressed up for Halloween, which is rather sad. lol! 

I went as, what I thought, was a regular-vampirey-fangless look. I even had the red contact lens going for me, but my friends didn't think I was even dressed up LOL! What a disaster haha! I helped Katrina (crashed her place throughout my stay) with her makeup and I think I did hers better than I did mine LOL! She looked more vampirey/witchy than me. 





Awesome skeleton looks! Super cute couple! Won't mention who they are, you can guess LOL! 

Overall, the night was fantastic, better than I expected actually. If smoking was actually banned in Malaysian clubs, i would seriously thoroughly enjoy my experience even more. Smoke in an enclosed space is just too much to bear. 

The next day, we headed over to Strangers at 47 for tea. Really an awesome place to go. They serve everything on crepes. I would say you should definitely give this place a try. We ordered the Red Velvet Crepe and it was very, very good! 


Red Velvet Crepe with Salted Caramel Filling

Matcha Latte



Photo with the adorable couple that I intro-ed :D 



After that, Bak Ku Teh at someplace near Mont Kiara. I don't remeber the shop's name, and I know this isn't the best place for BKT but it was still delicious nonetheless :) 



Headed over to Stratosphere after dinner, but not gonna talk too much about it. Firstly, I did not take any photos there because the weather made the atmosphere shit. It was a rooftop bar, with actual real grass as their flooring, and it was raining heavily in the evening, and obviously water and soil don't go too well together. The floor was moist and soggy and just very uncomfortable. Secondly, service was shit as hell! They really were not helpful and at one point even made snide remarks at us. Couldn't stand them, we wanted to leave but we'd already paid our entry by buying a bottle (which the lady promised us unlimited mixers, which we did NOT get) so we had to stay put. Really very very bad service. The only consolation? Their FRENCH FRIES were good, so yea, they got that going for them. 

Went to Metal Box, Empire Damansara the next day for brunch with the girls :) It was no where near Melbourne's standard of a good brunch, but it was pretty decent. The French Toast is a MUST-HAVE that's for sure.  

Hemmingway - eggs benedict with smoked ham and hollandaise sauce

French Toast - with raspberry and gula melaka sauce

With my girls. Am really glad to meet up with them after so long!! 
Yinn, myself, Ashley and Katrina :D




Random (not) OOTD shot taken by Katrina at Publika. You have no idea how many shots we had to take for me to finally choose these 2 pictures that I am sort of happy with. LOL, not that I blame the photographer, she was doing an awesome job. I just wasn't happy with my poses, because I looked fat in all of them :( 

Top || GIVENCHY Bambi Tee in White
Bottom || H&M High-waisted Shorts
Bag || Balenciaga City Bag in Royal Blue
Necklace || DIVA Statement Necklace


Thank you so much guys for taking the time out of your busy schedule to spend time with me (I say this, but I know they don't read my blog :( LOL) and thank you Katrina for hosting me and taking leave from work! So touchedddd :D 

I'd just like to say, for those that don't yet already know, I have left my job in Singapore. I am no longer working as a media planner, it wasn't the job for me and I made the decision to quit. No, I am not employed right now, and NO, I am not looking for a job right now. I have, however, decided which industry I am venturing into next, but will not be starting a job anytime soon. I will be travelling and blogging and filming more videos during this period of unemployment and yes, I am very happy :D 

Glad I got that off my chest. LOL so many people been asking me why the hell do I have so much time to travel here and there. Well, here's your answer haha! 

I just filmed a new video that I will be dropping by the end of this week, so do look out for it! In the meantime, you can head over to my YouTube channel for more videos. Do subscribe to be updated with my latest videos, I truly appreciate each and everyone's support and encouragement! 

Thank you!